Between tomorrow and December 14th we’ll be rolling out the next major release of our new client, v39. Due to the launch of a new regulated market this isn’t as feature-packed a release as we would like, but we will pick up the pace again with v40 in the new year.
Here are the highlights:
Version 39 is compliant with Sweden regulations, which take effect in January.
If you are a Swedish player, you will see some new features which are required by the regulator. These features will take effect when your poker room migrates you to the Swedish regulated market, which for most poker rooms will be on or before January 1st.
- [Sweden] A ‘Responsible Gaming Bar’ is displayed on all open windows at all times. This shows how long you’ve been logged in, your current account balance, and quick links to self-exclusion, deposit limits, and problem gambling test pages.
- [Sweden] We have a new mechanism for showing regulatory information after you log in.
- [Sweden] Swedish players must set deposit limits and session limits. You will receive regular session reminders while playing and must choose whether to continue or end your session. WARNING – If your session limits expire while you are playing, you will be immediately logged out and you will not be able to log back in. This includes if you are registered for, or playing in, tournaments. If you are active in a cash game hand at the time, you will be check/folded from that point on. Please be careful – this is a regulatory requirement.
In addition, casino games within the poker client will not be available to Swedish players for the initial launch.
The Sweden regulated market requires us to allow observation of games which are in progress. Rather than introduce these features just for Swedish players and give them an unfair advantage, we have decided to release the observation functionality for everyone. (These features will be enabled on December 14th).
- It is now possible to observe a cash game table. You can observe 1 table at a time.
- It is now possible to observe a tournament that you have participated in. It is not possible to observe a tournament unless you played in it – this is a Swedish regulatory requirement. In the future we will allow players from outside Sweden to observe tournaments in more scenarios.
Player Colour Coding
One of our top requests, it is now possible to tag a player with a colour code. Right-click the player in question (or tap on mobile / tablet) and you’ll see information about the player and their achievements, along with the ability to select a colour of your choice, which will appear as a tag on their name plate at the table.
The colour codes are stored in the cloud and sync to all of your devices, so if you colour code a player on mobile, that colour code will be visible on desktop later (and vice versa).
If your opponent changes their alias, then the colour code will disappear.
- In cash games and tournaments, your cumulative buy-in will be available at the table. Click the ‘i’ button to see it.
- We have improved the user experience when you are browsing the achievements page in the client.
- Message of the Day – poker rooms can send you information about promotions which pops up when you open the client. If you missed the message you can retrieve it by clicking the ‘Messages’ item in the lobby menu.
- Several minor bug fixes and improvements.
Version 39.1 – Released 12th December
- Fixes an issue in which tournament tables would not open in rare cases
Version 39.2 – Released 14th December
- Fixes an issue in which some players would be unexpectedly sat out while playing Blaze Poker
Version 39.3 – Released 20th December
- Fixes a minor issue with the rebuy & add-on dialog
- Fixes two issues relating to table opening and closing during table balancing in tournaments
- Fixes an issue where the Fish Party SNG slot would not close properly
- Fixes an issue where SNG tables could get stuck at 96% on loading
- Improved Bulgarian localisation coverage
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Version 39.4 – Released 10th January
- Fixes issues where player colour categories could not be set in certain circumstances