Tomorrow is the MPN’s 17th (and last) birthday so we thought we would look back at 17 highlights from across our history as a distraction from the mental situation the world is facing right now.
1. 18/03/2003 Launch of the Prima Poker Network. MPN went through a couple of rebrands over its lifetime but started out in 2003 as the Prima Poker Network.
2. 01/09/2003 Sponsorship of the Hendon Mob and first season of Prima Poker World Tour was announced, the first sponsorship of the Hendon Mob.
3. 06/11/2004 Monte Carlo Millions inaugural event took place. The Monte Carlo Millions was the first ever poker tournament to be staged in Monaco with the field being limited to 80 players and the buy in set at $14,000.
4. 01/04/2005 Introduction of TV Tables to be shown on PokerZone television channel.
5. 08/05/2006 Prima Poker Network rebrands to Microgaming Poker Network.
6. 01/06/2006 $465,461 online cash game pot won, the largest at that time.
7. 01/10/2006 The network dealt its billionth hand.
8. 10/10/2010 Launch of Anonymous Tables.
9. 29/09/2011 Establishment of the Network Management Board.
10. 14/06/2012 Launch of True Value rake allocation system.
11. 04/12/2012 Rebrand of Microgaming Poker Network to MPN.
12. 22/03/2013 The New MPN Bad Beat Jackpot hits at €924,728; 53 Lucky players take home a Share of €554,836
13. 29/07/2013 MPN evolves fast-fold poker with innovative ‘Blazing Cannon‘ feature.
14. 19/02/2014 MPN Poker Tour launches.
15. 11/07/2016 Fish Party launches.
16. March 2016 PKR launches using MPN’s Bablefish technology.
17. Celebrated the 5-year anniversary of the MPN Poker Tour at the record-breaking MPNPT London festival in July, 2019
We want to thank all the staff and players who have made MPN what is has been over the years and hope that each and every one of you are staying safe and well during the current Coronavirus pandemic.